something to write home about

letters home from the internet

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Coming Soon: Daybreak!













I have stared at this for hours. It's the interface for my editing system. I am working at my temp job during the day, coming home, collasping on the bed for 30 minutes, then editing videos for a client in NC. It is really late now, and I have to get up in an hour and a half to do this routine again. Right now, I feel like I am insane. Not like, "I'm insane because I'm pulling such wicked hours!", but more like, I feel like Jack Nicholson in The Shining. I am staring at the screen wide eyed and paranoid. In fact I can't believe I'm writing this right now. And, the left side of my body has a dull pain running from my shoulder and into my arm, and then my upper thigh is tingly and painful. So much that today it was starting to make me nauseous. I told my friend Peter about this and he said he knew the dull pain, so that was comforting. At least I don't have a new spontaneous stress disease, just good old fashioned rickets or shingles.

Really things aren't as bad as I'm making them out to be, I'm just really tired right now and do feel a bit nuts. Speaking of nuts, here's a crazy fact. The temp place where i work (which shall remain nameless to protect it and myself...let's just say it's called "Ank Of Omerica", wink wink....just kidding...no, it's really not that) has had a couple employees with some really interesting names. The kind you double-take at.

My three favorites:
George Michael, James Fallon (I call him "Jimmy") and Michael Jackson.

Maybe in a state of tired delerium tomorrow (or today, whatever) I'll saunter on up to the King of Pop himself and challenge him to a duel,
Beat It style. "What's that Jacko? You wanna dance? Lemme introduce you to my team dance partner, and Sr. Accounts Manager, another employee here you know all about...Mr. Michael. WHAM!"

Jitterbug.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dude, Cory, I am going to have to sick my mom on you! ("You are taking years off of your life by not getting enough sleep." "A person without enough sleep functions at the same level as someone who is drunk, etc., etc.") The reason I have heard all of these speeches so many times is that I, too, have had many years of sleeping less hours than I have fingers on one hand. I am well-acquainted with the stabbing pain through the thigh and "Man, I am so tired I really think I am going to throw up..." Your description of misery was all too familiar. Good luck with recovery. I hope you can get some shut-eye soon! Don't tell my mom, but now I am a believer.

     
  • At 10:27 PM, Blogger Burly said…

    mmmmmmmm........free worldwide shipping.

     
  • At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cory,
    Take your own advice. As you’ve told me more times than I can remember…no matter how tired you are….now matter how worn out and stressed you are….light a couple candles, pour yourself a glass of strong whisky, and put that new Ashley Simpson album on. You know the one I’m talking about. Really kicks ass and shows the real lyrical development of whoever writes her songs. May want to make it a double.

    Holmes

     
  • At 7:55 AM, Blogger Burly said…

    I think we all know which album Holmes is talking about. Her "Joshua Tree." The one where she has the black hair and looks mysterious. 20 years fom now we're all going to look back at that album and say, Senator Simpson sure could have a great album made for her.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home