something to write home about

letters home from the internet

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

"alright already" or "it feels good to know people actually read this"


Well hello again. I was going to go to bed but I saw a comment posted requesting an update and it is due time. So i'll brave through the late hours and post. My plan has worked and I've baited you into wanting more.......ah hahahahaha. and thanks for wanting more.

You may be saying "my gosh, couldn't you post more than that one in a week? I mean, it's not too hard. What do you do all day?" Well, aside from my freelance edit job right now, I'm not doing any more work yet (read those italics...yet), but I do have to do other things here. Like hang out with P. Diddy a lot, and things like play street ball with Patrick Ewing's nephew two blocks from me, etc., etc., etc. It's a busy life here in the NYC, folks.

But I did manage to get some stuff together. By the way, gross things that have happened lately: today i spilled water on the bathroom floor (read: new york city bathroom floor, even in your own apartment - DIRTY). I decided to wipe it up with my bath towel because it was time to change towels. I hung it back up and said to myself, "Tomorrow morning when you get in the shower, REMEMBER TO GET A NEW TOWEL." 10 minutes ago, I wiped my face dry with the same towel and
then remembered it graced the floor 12 hours ago. Gross.

NEW PICTURE:




















"Uh, okay man. But you're wearing a suit."
"Seriously, paint on me."
"Whatever you say dude. Here goes...."

Also, while exploring the Lower East Side this week
, I passed two women walking and picked up on this conversation tidbit:
Woman to other woman walking with her (in a heavy New York accent):

"I mean you don't have a job and I'm on social security......AND WE LOVE IT."


She sounded really confident, like she really did love it and she was just riding the wave. Do it lady, do it.

There is a hungarian pastry shop around the corner from me that I sat in the other day and did some work. It's aptly named, The Hungarian Pastry Shop (hey, if it ain't broke.....). It's an artsy inspiring place. I took this picture while I was there. It's called "Hungarian Romance".















Quaint, isn't it? Yeah, whatever.
God bless.....

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think you should find that man and draw a big P on his chest and then give him a sign that says "pis on me." I douubt he would get the humor, but afterward you could take him to the Hungarian Pastry shop and buy him a Hungarian pastry. The rest would be history.

     
  • At 12:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    also a helpful tidbit. If you didn't want to use the towel again, why hang it back up? That's like dipping your used toilet paper out of the jon and putting it back on the roll. Now that would be a surprise early the next morning!

     
  • At 12:57 AM, Blogger cory cavin said…

    I hung it up so it could dry....otherwise if i throw it in the hamper mildew insues. the trials of no A/C and humidity.

    Response to Josh's comment: hopefully puff-paint.

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    puff puff give paint????

     

Post a Comment

<< Home