something to write home about

letters home from the internet

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

so this is a little random, but here's a start

Hello, and welcome to writings about new york city and me, finally written to you from me in new york city. Yes, i finally moved to new york as of the 24th of July and now live in Manhattan, on the upper part of the upper west side in the upper part of an apartment building.

So, welcome. To be honest, there are a lot of people with blogs written from new york (really...in New York City...No way!!!...yes, yes I know it's crazy but believe me it's true...) and a lot of them are really funny and insightful, etc. etc. Now i'm not gonna go shooting myself in the foot saying, "i'm not good enough to write interesting stuff....'. No, more of my problem is, I don't know what the heck to write about. We live in this over informed society now, and so everyone has tons of things to say and you can tell anyone anywhere about the brilliant idea you just had about how text messaging is limiting and evil, via a text message, or any other communication device. Anyway, my point is, what can i write that is of interest so I and my 5 friends can log on and read it repeatedly (them: once, me: repeatedly)?

To solve this debacle, I've been brainstorming about interesting things to post. I have a camera usually kept in my bag, with which i can catch interesting pictures around the city, and once a week give you a taste of the most interesting thing i saw. Also, in light of my moving, i thought of the total number of times i've moved since I graduated college. Total? 14. Total number of roommates in those years who have gotten married soon after our living together? 9. Interesting...sort of.

Other interesting things I could post include interesting things I overhear as I pass people on the street. Tonight on the way home outside a bar half a block from my apartment, I heard a girl on the phone give me this week's winner:

Girl on phone:
"Hello? My friend just swallowed a quarter.
Is that ok? Can he pass that?"

Priceless.

Also, I leave you with this picture:
















In the top right corner: rat running up the stairs outside my building.

Welcome to New York.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 12:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am going to stop reading/ checking your blog if you don't update soon!
    There is a one entry per week minimum on these things. You just are not keeping up.
    Are we ever going to see you again? We miss you!

     
  • At 3:33 AM, Blogger cory cavin said…

    new update: mission accomplished. Miss you guys too. Miles, I heard you were really into Vespas right now. Is that true?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home