something to write home about

letters home from the internet

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Outbreak

I'm sick today. I've actually been sick for a couple days, but it finally caught up with me yesterday. I lay (laid, layed, lain....i dunno) down at 4pm and slept until that night, then slept til' 11:30 AM this morning. Right now I've been up for about 3 hours, which is the longest I've been awake in 2 days. It's weird because i have this feelng in my body that I'm intoxicated, I can't totally feel my legs or arms, can't hear everything clearly, and I end up staring a lot. I feel another sleep coming on soon. I REALLY want to get well. However, there's something nice about being sick because you get this license to chill out and sleep and do whatever you want for a little bit. For instance, when i finally ventured out of the apartment today for the first time in 36 hours, I was set to buy some soup, juice, bread, and medecine (I am a proponent of naturopathic medecine such as herbs, home remedies, etc., which i've been practicing for about 4 days now, but today I couldn't take it....Mother Nature needed a hand from Mother Corporate Laboratory). While at the local Duane Reade drug store, I paid for my stuff and left. Upon getting outside, I realized I was sick and could do things I wouldn't normally do, so I went back inside and bought two, TWO!, Cadbury chocolate bars. Now I didn't do anything nuts that I wouldn't normalyl do, like scream at a baby or anything. If you're sick and taking notes on this, remember, normal moral boundaries still apply. Don't wear a cape and nothing else outside just because you have strep throat. I know strep is bad, but come on. At least wear some boots.

I like themes in life. So I take opportunities like this to listen to songs like, "Sick", by The Casket Lottery. It's not a particularly relaxing song, but I identify with the chorus:

"I'm sick, I'm sick, I'm siiiick!!!"

Hey dude, ME TOO! Yay!

Also, when I'm sick, or bored, I end up looking on the internet. Actually, if this statement is true, I must be sick or bored everyday. For the sake of this post, I won't unpack that statement now. Anyway, I love skateboarding. I have for years. And now, I'm 28 and I love skateboarding. I think it's cool, amazing, fun. But what makes me love it more is companies like Girl and Chocolate that bring back the community and family feeling of skateboarding. These guys just have fun hanging out with each other and skating. Word up. I spent some time today watching videos on their site. There's even a funny video on there of Brandon Biebel, a pro for Girl Skateboards, doing a trick pool shot called the "Choo Choo Train" (I think there's a swear word on this video...don't take offense yo, I mean none). I have so much respect and admiration for these guys too because they are amazing at what they do, and do it with so much creativity. I could stare at it for hours. Wait, I did.


































It is dark again outside. So I suppose I'll prepare to sleep again soon. I really hope I get well soon, I need to take a shower and get cleaned up. Soon I'll be back to the Cory you all know, and I won't look like this anymore:




















I'm just kidding I look nothing like the Crypt Keeper. He has blue eyes. Crazy.

12 Comments:

  • At 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, I just came across your blog. I think you have great content. Maybe you and your visitors might want to check out the info at my hiv vaccine site.

     
  • At 8:00 PM, Blogger cory cavin said…

    Ha. Thanks. If any "visitors" out there wanna check this out, there's a great HIV vaccine site linked above. Burly, I need your help. Pleaasse. But I heard this above site has some great content.

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Blogger Burly said…

    Spammers at my site think that I might be interested in a Brazilian wax. I thought that I might until I remembered what it was. Apparently it has nothing to do with those wax museums where they make wax replicas of famous people - like Victoria Beckham.

     
  • At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I made a wax replica once.... it was of vince vaughn... money and you dont even know it...

     
  • At 7:56 AM, Blogger Burly said…

    Someone once asked me when the new Psycho came out: "Who do you think is prettier - Vince Vaughn or Anne Heche?" Did they even have to ask that question? It's a no-brainer.

     
  • At 4:43 PM, Blogger cory cavin said…

    "I made a wax replica once.... it was of vince vaughn... money and you dont even know it..."


    i made a wax replica out of some big bear claws, and then i made a bunny out of wax. and then i just started battin' the bunny around, with these big freakin' wax claws.

     
  • At 10:12 PM, Blogger Marshall said…

    Man, I had forgotten how hot the Crypt Keeper was. Good thing Diane snatched me up when she did, because it might be a different story if I'd met ol' blue eyes. It is a girl, right?

     
  • At 11:08 PM, Blogger cory cavin said…

    Marsh,
    The Crypt Keeper is a dude. I know this is upsetting. I'm sorry for the incontinence.

     
  • At 11:54 PM, Blogger Possum said…

    Hey Cory,

    I might be heading up to NYC in November for a weekend...if so, I'd love to get together with you.

     
  • At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cory, my brother, are you feeling better??!! You haven't posted since you reported how sick you were. Are you alive? Do I need to pitch in for a visit to the doctor? Miss you, Elizabeth

     
  • At 1:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cory Cavin!!! I miss you!!!

    that's all...

    Allison

     
  • At 5:24 AM, Blogger cory cavin said…

    Libba,
    I'm well! but i think i may get sick again because i'm not sleeping. darn. Allison..my dance partner. I miss you too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home