something to write home about

letters home from the internet

Friday, April 13, 2007

More Like Orville Reden-Hitler

When you're making microwave popcorn, it's not a bad idea to completely read the directions on the bag. Especially the part that says DO NOT LEAVE POPCORN UNATTENDED WHILE POPPING IN MICROWAVE.

Otherwise your microwave will bellow with yellow sulfurous smoke that burns your eyes like mustard gas, causing you to turn on 3 fans and open the windows of your apartment, while you cough and say to yourself, "I THOUGHT THIS WAS JUST POPCORN!!! WHAT HAVE I DONE!!???"


And your microwave have a new tint to it like this:
















...Leaving your whole apartment with the aftermath smell of charred butter. I really should've stuck with this microwave.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 9:40 AM, Blogger Ken said…

    I see your bag of popcprn turned into a bag full of tiny little cluster bombs.

     
  • At 1:07 PM, Blogger Armistead Booker said…

    Comes close to beating what I did at work during my first year...

    Got nifty plastic mug for Christmas. Put hot chocolate mix and water in said mug. Stirred. Put the beautiful sparkling new mug in the office Soviet-built mega-industrial microwave. And like the Coldplay song, Yeah I saw sparks. And fire. And electrical smoke. And we evacuated the office (thank goodness it didn't send all 1200 folks out of the building).

    Turns out there was metal in the handle of my deceivingly unmicrowave-safe burnt-up deep-fried stupid plastic mug. And the security staff removed it and the destroyed microwave... and we replaced it with a lovely kitchen-friendly mikeydubs. And the office rejoiced.

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger cory cavin said…

    That story wins. It's like when Ryan's Hot Pocket set the office on fire on The Office.

    My entire room smells like warm butter. I awoke to the smell of it today. Seems like that'd be pleasant but...it's not.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home