something to write home about

letters home from the internet

Monday, March 19, 2007

Another Distraction While I Do My Taxes






















Happy Monday everyone. As I begin my climb downward to drown in receipts to report to Uncle Sam - and promise myself I'll never be the kind of uncle that requires my relatives to pay me while I wear a ridiculous red, white, and blue hat - I have some distractions to offer you.


If you're not familiar with The Mountain Goats, you're missing out on some wonderfully witty, poignant, and at times heart breaking music. John Darnielle is known for his energetic live performances peppered with his speeches and stories told to crowds of nerds/intellectuals/indie fans. Snatch up this gem of him telling the tragic tale of Swedish music heroes Ace of Base in his version of The Sign.

The Mountain Goats - The Sign (Live)


And if you're doing your taxes today also, take a break from adulthood with Joey Ramone and this track:

Ramones - I Don't Want To Grow Up

(Both of these tracks via You Ain't No Picasso)

And now, render unto Caesar what is Caesar's.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home