something to write home about

letters home from the internet

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Everybody Eat Now

Tonight at work I ordered delivery from a place called The Bread Factory. I went downstairs to pick up my order and as I signed my check I noticed the guy was wearing a pullover from The Laugh Factory. And as he walked away, I swear he had on a hat from The Cheesecake Factory.

As I turned to go upstairs and enjoy my meal, something made me turn back around.

"Hey man", I said. "I can't help but be curious about all your Factory gear and....Do I know you from somewhere?"

"Yeah. I used to lay some hard stuff down at another
factory."

(Pause)

"Freedom?? Is that you?"

He stared me down hard.

"Yeah it's me. And that cafe au lait and large order of mixed berry crepes are gonna make you sweat."

And off he dashed through the revolving door into the night.

"Hmmmmmmmmmm", I thought. "That makes me go hmmmmmmmmm."

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home