something to write home about

letters home from the internet

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Baby Baby

About 7 weeks ago, our country celebrated the 230th anniversary of it's independence. Where were you? Blowing your hand off with fireworks? Rockin' out to a Boss CD with Born In The USA? Dressing up like George Washington and biting people with wooden teeth?

Well, I'll tell you one thing you WEREN'T doing. Having a baby! (Ok, there's a slim chance you were. If so, congratulations, you proved me wrong, and more importantly, congratulations on your new baby! That's awesome! Way to go! How is it, healthy? Sleeping alright?) Even if you were doing that last thing, I'll tell you something definitely weren't doing - BEING BORN. That's right, if you
're reading this, you definitely weren't being born. Unless you're a super-genius baby.

Well just as that fateful day, July 4th, 2006, was breaking into history, history was being made in a big way. My sister was giving birth and my brand new niece was born. Boom.

Now I feel kinda bad for it taking me 7 weeks to post this news here. I mean, I'm a busy man, but let's be honest, 7 weeks is a while. It's not like I have to shoot baskets with Patrick Ewing every night, and after a while, even I need a night away from the ladies (sorry Scarlett, we talked about this...yes, yes we did. Stop, stop pouting! Don't give me that look. Youuuuuu, stop! Look, I said..I know, but - No! What?! That's crazy! Ok look - LISTEN, stop! Ok, we'll talk about this after I post this).

So to make up for my tardiness, I decided to make a birth announcement video introducing you all to my beautiful new niece, Caroline. She is the sweetest, cutest baby in the world (sorry lady, your baby's cute but there can only be one), and she deserves an announcement of grand proportions. Sit back, get out your hanky, and enjoy.



Man, that was FUNK-TASTIC! Watch out world because the girl is here. Caroline, show them one more picture of you that will melt their hearts, and possibly their faces, with extreme cuteness:
















Oh yeah, that's the one.

Congratulations Ashley and Alan!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

  • At 1:57 PM, Blogger Marshall said…

    Now you know you just raised the bar for what me and Miles expect when your kids are born, don't you? Congrats, uncle cory

     
  • At 2:12 PM, Blogger cory cavin said…

    I think I will just try and get Outkast to be present at my kids'baptism.

     
  • At 11:07 PM, Blogger Lara said…

    You bought that outfit for her...didn't you, Cory?

     
  • At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My uncle Cory rocks the hizouse!

     
  • At 3:57 PM, Blogger Burly said…

    you better not be referrin' to paedobaptism ... unless keller does it ... because that man can do anything he wants to do ...

     
  • At 8:57 PM, Blogger Allison said…

    wow cory that was amazing... i mean, well, i really have nothing else i can say.



    amazing.



    baby poo

     
  • At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ,

    She's as beautiful as the my granddaughter born July 4th, too. Great video. She's made the worldwide web!!!

    Mimi (Mom)

     
  • At 2:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    best uncle ever

     

Post a Comment

<< Home