something to write home about

letters home from the internet

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Mastication Inspiration

My jaw was killing me at work yesterday and I thought I might have TMJ. For those unaware, TMJ is a group of disorders that affect the upper joints of your jaw causing you major pain. I also don't know what TMJ actually stands for.

Now I don't really have TMJ, but I need something to think about at work and when you get a sharp pain every time you chew, that seems to stick out. I've also been talking to a friend in the show development department at work. Combining my lack or medical knowledge for the meaning of TMJ (and my apparent laziness of just Googling "TMJ") with my mind racing for some entertaining show ideas, here is what TMJ could stand for - if it were a mediocre tv series.

They Might be Jiants – Story of a Small Band Forced Into the Shadows Because Another Band Spelled Giants With A ‘G’ and Got Famous
THE Michael Jackson – From Moonwalk to Child Stalk
Talk, Mrs. Jeston – Investigating A Space Age Cartoon Murder
Torn Meniscus, Junior - A High School Soccer Career in Danger
Terry, Marge, Jessica – Charlie’s New Angels, With Surprisingly Normal Names
Tiki Masala Jamboree! – Down Home In New Dehli
Toxic Mayonaise Jam – Killer Condiment Parties
Taiwanese Michael Jordan – Like a Bull in a China Shop (Actually in China)
Telly May Jump - Savalas Contemplates Suicide
Tackling My Jesuit – Football With a Monk
Totally Magic Johnson - Hosted By a Man Who's Certain of NBA Great's Identities
The Molasses Junction - The Slowest Train in the West
Tequila, Mars, Jupiter - Distinguishing Planets From Liquor
Tim McGraw’s Journal – Like It, Love It, Read More Of It or Things I Hate
About Faith Hill But Can’t Tell Anyone
Too Many Javelins – When Track and Field Teams Overpack
Tea Meets Juice! – War At The Breakfast Table
Tea Mauls Juice! – War At the Breakfast Table: The Aftermath
Twelve Meals in July – How To Lose Weight By Eating One Day A Week
Tell Mr. Jeeves - When You're Sick of Asking Him

5 Comments:

  • At 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    TMJ stands for tempero mandibular joint... and i only know this because it happens to be one of my biggest fears. well, and i had to study it in my vocal pedagogy class.


    anyways, i havent seen you in forever! i love you and i miss you. yay!

     
  • At 12:29 AM, Blogger Possum said…

    Too Much Jello: Bill Cosby suffers a massive brain freeze when he eats a pudding pop too quickly.

    That's MY Jacket: My Morning Jacket cover band.

    Tell Me, Jorge: Yankees catcher dispenses wit and/or wisdom.

     
  • At 9:51 AM, Blogger jeremy said…

    Testing My Jacket (too embarrassed to explain)

    Testing My Jeans (see above)

    Trading in My Jacket (still embarrassed)

    dude.

    from:
    anonymous

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger cory cavin said…

    Tearing My Jeans (Embarassing how sad it was for me)

    Tailoring My Jeans (Embarassing how relieved I am it's happening)

    dude.

     
  • At 11:07 PM, Blogger Lara said…

    If you have a sharp pain every time you chew, you could very likely have TMJ. I only say this because, well...I have TMJ.

    Lauren was talking about your website at FG tonight and welp, I found it.

    Watch out for hard foods. I was once told by a doctor to only eat soft foods.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home