something to write home about

letters home from the internet

Monday, June 26, 2006

Baby's First Birthday

Saturday was my one year anniversary of living in NYC (my NewYorkiversary as some friends deemed it). I celebrated with a traditional New York diner standard: an Egg Cream. An Egg Cream actually has neither eggs nor cream in it - just seltzer, chocolate syrup, and milk. It's a weird, carbonated Yoo Hoo.

So I enjoyed it alongside what I like to call a Turkey Roll - neither turkey nor a roll, but just oatmeal, raisins, and brown sugar. That's right New York. Two can play at that game.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 7:40 PM, Blogger Kristen said…

    Happy Newyorkiversary brother! I'm surprised you didn't regurgitate that turkey roll given the visions of Eartha Kitt bending backwards in your head.

     
  • At 4:28 PM, Blogger Marshall said…

    Um, I am not sure what Kball is talking about, but yikes. Happy anniversary.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home