something to write home about

letters home from the internet

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Soaked















The weather in New York is just nasty right now. It has been raining since Saturday and just continues. One of my roommates just walked in from out in the elements and said, "It's not nice outside. I never want to go out again." Friends, it is this bad.

I spent much of yesterday out in the elements mailing things for work, and I picked possibly the worst day in a while to check out a new grocery store just north of us close to Harlem. It was on this grand day out I met my new nemesis. It was not nature itself or a fellow citizen piloting a taxi through a lake sized puddle and spraying me with a tidal wave collected rain. No. It was one of my own, one that I trusted, and he buckled under the pressure. In all honesty, he just wasn't built for this, the powerful gusts, these mighty expectations on his frail frame.




















Rest in peace, my fallen protector. May there be sunny skies for you up there in the great beyond. And may your lifetime warranty work to bring one of your brave friends to me soon.


Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hahahahahahhaaa... youre awesome. im sorry you got wet though.

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I had a life time warranty once... they're not all they're cracked up to be...

    Sorry abouut leaving the spam on your last comment. i thought it would be funny... (and hey, they had free world wide shipping)

    when u coming home again fool? we got a new house. its going to be nice. come home. we miss u! i sucks that you leave when i finally make it out of matthews and move uptown. damn im like george jefferson and your not here.(sob sob sniffle) (would that make toby thelma?) (should i start calling you cracker?) hmmmm those are heavy thoughts.... good thing im not throwing them at your floor.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home