something to write home about

letters home from the internet

Monday, October 16, 2006

Journals of Western Expansion - Unearthed!
















Newest recipient of the "World's Greatest Dad" award, Miles "Kilo" Travis, is undertaking a great new project. In the year 2000, fresh out of paradise (aka, UNC-Chapel Hill), Miles and I took a road trip across the US and into British Columbia that eventually lead us to reside in Montana for one year where Miles met Brooklynne (newly elected "World's Greatest Mom" recipient, Southern region - not to be confused with the Northeastern region title holder, Ashley Holmberg, my sister and mother to my niece) and we deemed ourselves the new Lewis & Clark. We had a Geocities page that was a pre-cursor to a blog in those days, the online "Youth Gone Wild" journal, but that has since been deleted by the server. (Interweb!! Why do you torture me!? Blast you!!) Miles is taking video and journal entries from that year and posting a new entry from our year under the Big Sky every Monday. Check it out at his
blog. I will do some guest posting there as well. Maybe our night in a South Dakota parking lot with tons of wild locals will make an uncensored appearance one day - interested? Keep checking Miles' blog the start of each week.

In a totally unrelated note, I just got done flossing with tutti-fruiti flavored dental floss, with seems to me a contradiction in terms. It was given to me by a friend in dental school, however the flavor makes me wonder if dental school isn't dental school at all but instead Clown College. My gums bled so much, like I had struck oil, but instead I was drilling with dental floss and the payoff was my own gum blood. Black (red?) gold, Texas Tea.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:08 PM, Blogger Marshall said…

    I think that you mean Brooklynne is mom of the year Southern Region DURHAM and your mom is mom of the year Southern Region CHARLOTTE/MATTHEWS. Don't forget where you came from, man.

     
  • At 1:07 AM, Blogger cory cavin said…

    My mom has approved of the above correction and Marsh is right. One slight change; she in on retainer for 'MOTY' (Mom Of The Year) for each year in the Charlotte/Matthews region, and has swept the smaller Weddington division 19 years in a row.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home