something to write home about

letters home from the internet

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Tis' The Season: Day 1


Today began the first day of Advent. Advent is basically the preparation for Christmas in which you observe certain things and remembrances to prepare you and remind of the Nativity of Christ, i.e., Christmas. There's a much better definition here at Wikipedia - which by the way, Wikipedia is AWESOME.

So in honor and by inspiration of Advent, thus begins the 24 day period of regular posting right here on this blog. That's right, a new one each day with something Christmas related.

Today's topic: travel at the holiday season. I've rarely been in the position to travel on Christmas. Besides coming home from college, a mere 2 1/2 hour trip back home, I only had one year where I had big time holiday travel, from Montana, which included a 10 hour drive to catch a plane in Colorado, 3 hours sleep in Denver, being briefly stranded in the airport, only to be rebooked at another airport closeby.

This year I won't be at home for Christmas but travelling to Connecticut to my sisters' where we'll have a family rendezvous for the big day. I'm excited for a northern Christmas, and to be around NYC at Christmas time. I am a little sad to not see my house or my dog for Christmas and to not get to see friends back home. There's something nice about coming home for Christmas that I'll miss out on this year. However, there is one thing I won't miss coming home for Christmas this year, and it's running into these holiday travellers coming home for the holidays:


Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 10:56 PM, Blogger Burly said…

    better hurry ... day two almost over.

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ok so here it is... day three and still no post... you're just fulll of empty promises arent you. welll except that one time ehrn you promised to hit me in the face with your fist. that hurt. we should have used gloves.

     
  • At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like those guys' hair

     

Post a Comment

<< Home