something to write home about

letters home from the internet

Friday, November 30, 2007

I'm At That Other Web Address Over There

Hey-lo internet reader friends! ("Hey-lo" not to be confused with "Halo", the hot new-ish game young-ish kids and 35 year old gamers are playing these days, while they wear Bobby Brown era head mics and shoot each other up all virtual style) I'm writing to tell you that mostly these days I'm posting on my other blog, Uncle Moustache. Please check that out for fun updates until further notice.

Now that I've written that, I'll probably get a burst of creativity mixed with biological Red Bull-like ambition and write a ton of posts here. However, Gossip Girl is on right now, so don't count on it. But, on the chance that that does happen, all posts here will appear there on good ol' Uncle Moustache. So you'll see them either way.

By the way, The Stache is a Tumblr blog, which are totally easy to make and update. You should totally start one, so I can totally check it, and we can totally be friends (yes, you can be "blog friends" on Tumblr. You thought I was talking about real friends? Never. That's never gonna happen between you and I. Kidding. We're already friends, if you're checking this. And if we're not friends, then you found me by web-stalking. In which case, we're not friends, weirdo. Unless you're Donald Trump, in which case, I wanna ride in your limo dog. Call me.).

Ok, see you later, in OtherBlogville. And Merry Christmas season to you. Especially you, Trump.

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

  • At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've been checkin'you out over there - in that way - you know what I'm sayin' - some of the lurid (is that the right word) images give me no other option dog (as you say, dog). My mom was laughin' up a storm at the sweet line in that best-week-ever clip when you said something to the effect of strippers needing to be punched in the face. I guess your readers will now have to watch that clip so that you don't get in trouble that you as a person (and not referree Cory) didn't say. Also, I watched the Anglican worship mockumentary/documentary/commercial. Pretty sweet stuff. I don't think that would fly in Gastonia, NC, though, do you?

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger cory cavin said…

    burly -

    I think i'm eternally confused by this comment.

     
  • At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you're fired.

    Love,
    Trump

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Blogger rachael said…

    sdfghjklsdfghjk

     
  • At 5:03 PM, Blogger cory cavin said…

    Mr. Trump -

    It is an honor and privilege to be fired by you. Albeit virtually.

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Blogger Burly said…

    Translation:

    "I've been checkin'you out over there - in that way - you know what I'm sayin' - some of the lurid (is that the right word) images give me no other option dog (as you say, dog)."

    translation: Your profile pic is sensual (jokingly). So, I was saying that I was checking you out "in that way," but of course, I was joking. I called you "dog," as you used that as a euphamism for "friend."

    "My mom was laughin' up a storm at the sweet line in that best-week-ever clip when you said something to the effect of strippers needing to be punched in the face. I guess your readers will now have to watch that clip so that you don't get in trouble that you as a person (and not referree Cory) didn't say."

    translation: As referee Cory, you said something like that, and my mom (literal mom - not a euphemism for anything - Mrs. Buehrle) laughed at it.

    "Also, I watched the Anglican worship mockumentary/documentary/commercial. Pretty sweet stuff."

    translation: some of the "deer caught it the headlights looks" and pauses made it feel mockumentary-ish, but I was joking. The video was well done.

    "I don't think that would fly in Gastonia, NC, though, do you?"

    translation: In a context like NYC where you have all that talent, that kind of dedication to diversity in worship music is to be applauded. In a less diverse community (enter Gastonia as an example), that probably wouldn't work was simply an observation.

    BTW - I was eternally confused by my own comment.

     
  • At 10:37 PM, Blogger cory cavin said…

    Burly -

    That is the smartest comment that's ever been on the internet.

     
  • At 8:41 AM, Blogger Burly said…

    My translations were the smartest comment on the internet? I don't know how I went from eternally confused to smartest comment. Must have been that delicious caffeineated beverage I had yesterday.

    Lurid:

    1. gruesome; horrible; revolting: the lurid details of an accident.
    2. glaringly vivid or sensational; shocking: the lurid tales of pulp magazines.
    3. terrible in intensity, fierce passion, or unrestraint: lurid crimes.
    4. lighted or shining with an unnatural, fiery glow; wildly or garishly red: a lurid sunset.
    5. wan, pallid, or ghastly in hue; livid.

    When I spoke of the "lurid" images of you, I think I meaning #2 was what I had in mind.

     
  • At 8:42 AM, Blogger Burly said…

    scratch the second "I" from my last comment.

     
  • At 1:39 AM, Blogger cory cavin said…

    I'm glad that I was that version of 'lurid' and not #5, which would mean I have no color in me. Although, I could stand being #3, meaning I would be as intense as an accident, or a hot Harlequin romance cover model.

     
  • At 2:34 AM, Anonymous Extenze Review said…

    Your post have the information that is help full and very informative.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home